Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Social Work Club.

There's a social work club at school, as my friend Amber says, " The club is run by babies."

My 2 friends that are also majoring in social work went to the meeting with me. Nicole, Amber and I are all in the evening program. You see, there's a day program ( which essentially takes longer to finish) and there is an evening program. A lot of the people in the evening program are older, work during the day, have families and whatnot. I'm in the evening program because I will finish school much quicker in the evening program partly because it goes through the summer. I will finish in the spring of 2010 vs. winter of 2011. The difference is almost an entire year....

So we went to the meeting, it was not the greatest... no one was welcoming, no on introduced themselves, along with a few other things, it was very disorganized.

So long story short, Amber and I want to start a second social work club...mainly for the people in the evening program. Some people can't make it to the social work club during the day because they work. We want to have the club meet in the evening. We'll see how it goes, and I will keep you updated.

Just a piece of my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment