Monday, March 30, 2009

Wonderful Weekend.

I had a great time this weekend with my sister and her 4 kids. They made the trip from Iowa on Wednesday and stayed until Sunday. We did lots of fun things... here a run down of my weekend.
On Thursday I took my oldest niece Marissa out to lunch and to do some shopping for her 13th birthday. I cannot tell you how old this makes me feel, she is 13... a teenager. I can remember when Mark and Tarra brought her home from the hospital, my mom and I were there. But we had a very nice afternoon together, getting to know each other a little bit better.
Thursday night, Tarra and I went to do some shopping ourselves... actually more for me. I bought a new computer. Its a Gateway desktop ( more details later ) and I am currently installing Trend Micro for internet security. That was exciting!
Friday we all went out and about around town, had lunch, went to a park and had a great time with each other. That evening my aunt carol and uncle lee came over for dinner. I on the other hand had dinner with Bobby's family for Jade's 30th birthday.
Saturday, we got to see an old friend Linda and her family. We went for a long walk on the Falling Water Trail, I had never been and thought that was neat. It is a very nice trail. Later in the afternoon Bobby came over and had dinner with us, and we hung out and relaxed. It was wonderful.
Sunday Tarra and the girls left, and drove through a snow /sleet/rain storm... I picked up the house and then made my way to Bobby's parents to see everyone. I had dinner with my folks and made my way back to my aunts.
It was a great weekend. I love that my sister now lives closer. She is only about 6 hours away so it makes weekend visit more reasonable.

1 comment: