This is beyond belief.
AVG is a big rip off.
I downloaded AVG for my mother to use. I downloaded the Free version. She needed technical support and called the 1-800 number. Well, AVG does not give technical support to people that use the free download. If she wants/needs technical support, you have to pay $19.99 for every 10 minutes. The AVG Representative talked my mother into buy the $59.99 antivirus program. Meanwhile the Representative never informed my mom that there was no refund. EXCEPT to exchange one program for another.
*Background Information*
My mom just got a new blackberry, which she wants to use a modem for a laptop. The Antivirus programs are blocking the blackberry because of the firewalls. So we were going to try AVG. We bought the program Trend Micro and the internet didn't work. So we were trying AVG. The internet still did not work. So my mom wanted help. We thought AVG is free, we will try it. She called and had to buy the software, and just thought that if it didn't work, she would call and get her money back.
AVG does not give refunds.
Are you fricking kidding me??? I'm ticked, my mom is ticked.
Oh wait, it gets better.
AVG also has HORRIBLE technical support even after you have paid for the software. I think my mom has spent hours, literally hours on hold waiting for a Representative.
This is ridiculous!
I finally e-mailed someone and asked for information to contact AVG's corporate.
What a headache. What a scam.
I do not recommend AVG.
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment