Go into your DASHBORAD and CREATE A NEW BLOG - The URL on my new blog is the same as my old one except that I added private at of deniseandheath. New Blog URL deniseandheathprivate.blogspot.com Create your LAYOUT on your NEW BLOG which is somewhat of a pain because you have to manually transfer all of your SIDEBAR ITEMS ie Blog List, Link List, Background etc.... After you have done this go into your SETTINGS TAB on your OLD BLOG and click on BASIC from here you will click EXPORT BLOG. This is where you will download and save your blog posts to your own hard drive. Don't worry it won't delete them off of your blog unless you actually go in and press delete. Now go back to your NEW BLOG and enter the SETTINGS TAB then click on BASIC and then click on IMPORT BLOG. From here you will click browse find where you saved your OLD BLOG and then up-load all of your posts to your new blog. So Easy but when you have 276 posts like I did, rather time consuming. After they are up-loaded I went back over to my OLD BLOG and changed all of the posts to DRAFTS instead of PUBLISHED. I am pretty sure you can DELETE the posts and they will still be on your NEW BLOG but I was worried about it deleting my pictures like my TypePad Blog did so I wanted to be careful. I then typed up a post on my OLD BLOG letting people know that I had changed and to leave a comment if they wished to be added to my list. Added the LINK to my NEW BLOG on the Sidebar and Removed all other SideBar Items off of my OLD BLOG. You will now need to go into your NEW BLOG click on SETTINGS and then click on PERMISSIONS. It is here that you will COPY & PASTE all of your readers email addresses from your OLD BLOG to send them an INVITE to your NEW BLOG. After you are finished Copying and Pasting the email addresses from your OLD BLOG to your NEW BLOG go on over to your OLD BLOG and change the PERMISSIONS to Anyone can Read. Make sure that you have changed all of your OLD POSTS to Drafts or Delete them so that the only post people can see is the one explaining your PRIVATE BLOG.
Go into your DASHBORAD and CREATE A NEW BLOG - The URL on my new blog is the same as my old one except that I added private at of deniseandheath. New Blog URL deniseandheathprivate.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteCreate your LAYOUT on your NEW BLOG which is somewhat of a pain because you have to manually transfer all of your SIDEBAR ITEMS ie Blog List, Link List, Background etc....
After you have done this go into your SETTINGS TAB on your OLD BLOG and click on BASIC from here you will click EXPORT BLOG. This is where you will download and save your blog posts to your own hard drive. Don't worry it won't delete them off of your blog unless you actually go in and press delete.
Now go back to your NEW BLOG and enter the SETTINGS TAB then click on BASIC and then click on IMPORT BLOG. From here you will click browse find where you saved your OLD BLOG and then up-load all of your posts to your new blog. So Easy but when you have 276 posts like I did, rather time consuming.
After they are up-loaded I went back over to my OLD BLOG and changed all of the posts to DRAFTS instead of PUBLISHED. I am pretty sure you can DELETE the posts and they will still be on your NEW BLOG but I was worried about it deleting my pictures like my TypePad Blog did so I wanted to be careful.
I then typed up a post on my OLD BLOG letting people know that I had changed and to leave a comment if they wished to be added to my list. Added the LINK to my NEW BLOG on the Sidebar and Removed all other SideBar Items off of my OLD BLOG.
You will now need to go into your NEW BLOG click on SETTINGS and then click on PERMISSIONS. It is here that you will COPY & PASTE all of your readers email addresses from your OLD BLOG to send them an INVITE to your NEW BLOG.
After you are finished Copying and Pasting the email addresses from your OLD BLOG to your NEW BLOG go on over to your OLD BLOG and change the PERMISSIONS to Anyone can Read.
Make sure that you have changed all of your OLD POSTS to Drafts or Delete them so that the only post people can see is the one explaining your PRIVATE BLOG.
ps....i didn't write this...i took it off of denise's blog...that is why it says denise and heath! :) i was too lazy to change the words.
ReplyDeleteVery Good! I was going to give you Denise's awesome directions too! And if you go private I would like to sign up!
ReplyDelete