Friday, April 23, 2010

MSU Internship

I found out yesterday that I will be completing my graduate internship at Catholic Charities. I have an interview set up for next Wednesday. If all goes well, which I am hoping it will, then I will start the next chapter of my education at this new agency.

I am excited to have the opportunity to be there.  Leslie works there, so I know a little bit about what the agency has to offer. But being at C.C. will be a completely different experience than being at the hospital. Which I think I'm okay with. I liked the idea of hospice, but  I need to have a little variety as far as practice methods. And I feel that I will be able to do a little more counseling, goal setting and intervention at C.C.Rather than the hospital where I mainly help with discharge planning, and screening/interviewing for patient's living situations. I occasionally do a little bit of counseling, but it isn't a weekly thing, its a one time deal. Going to C.C. will defiantly be a different experience.

I will start at the beginning of July. Here's to something new and different! I'm looking forward to learning and experiencing new things.

3 comments:

  1. Congradulations Em. It is better to get a variety of experiences. That makes for a broader prospective of everything. GREAT JOB
    Love, Granna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck to You! You should be proud of everything you have acomplished. YAY

    ReplyDelete