Friday, May 14, 2010

{Orientation}

My buddy Karen and I both will be starting our MSW degree's through Michigan State University.  We had orientation on Wednesday.  Karen and I have class Tuesday night until about 9pm, and we generally ride together to class. Before class, Karen says to me, "Ya know, we should just drive to East Lansing tonight, stay at a hotel and then go to MSU from there, we would be so much closer!"  What a great idea!  Where I live now is about 2 hours from East Lansing.  So we hurried up and searched online for hotels in that area, booked a room, and by then we had to leave for class.  We ended up leaving class a little early and make our way to E. Lansing.

Let me just mention, that it would have been a super early morning on Wednesday, had we not stayed in a hotel.   We would of had to leave around 5:45 AM to get to orientation on time. I am so glad that we stayed at the hotel.  It was kinda fun too! We had a little wine, chatted and we were able to sleep in until almost 7am.

Back to orientation...

I was really excited to be there.  I was able to meet most of my professors, my advisor, and some of my future classmates.  It was however a long day. The presentation was mainly how to "survive" an advanced standing master's program, and the do's and don't's.

It was so nice and helpful that Karen and I were able to go together... I think it made the time much more enjoyable, and having her there eased my anxiety... it is always easier if you know someone. =)

I begin the journey on July 5, and I am pretty darn excited.
 I just have to get through the next 5 weeks, and I will be starting the next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you em! I can't wait for u to start this next journey in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete