Well I am excited to say that I am now employed!
I am using my BSW degree and putting it to good use at a nursing facility close by. I have been able to utilize me social work skills and have also helped to reorganize a few things within the facility.
I have been working 20+ hours a week, which is great, and the facility is VERY flexible with my school schedule. The best part about all of it is that I am able to USE my degree and GAIN experience in the field.
I am doing tons of assessments, mini mental exams, as well as discharge planning... butI am also learning the admissions process ! I have a lot to learn, but I am so excited to be there.
The job was completely unexpected. . . . one day I got a call from Lisa saying that Rocky saw a sign for a 'part time social work' job. I went right in and applied, I even knew the woman in human resources, and 4 days later I was offered a job. I wasn't really even looking for it, it just feel into my lap!! How great is that? I guess it was meant to be.
So far, the job has been great! I am getting to know the staff and residents.
8 years ago

Congrats on the new job!:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job that's awesome!!!!! Miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!! You deserve it. Sounds like it was meant to be.
ReplyDelete