Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday night and much more

So once again it has been a while since I last posted.

Surprise, Surprise...

This past week I have been fighting off what I thought was merely a cold and perhaps a sinus headache. I had fevers, chills, aches, sore throat, I thew up a couple of times (sorry for the TMI) and my head had been nonstop pounding since Monday.

 Well once Friday night rolled around and I found a lovely little white spot on my tonsils, and was exhausted to no end, and still feeling (as my co-worker put it... feeling like butt), I finally decided it might worth taking a trip to the after hours clinic, Med-Plus. Honestly I had been putting off going to Med-Plus mostly because I didn't want to pay the money... without health insurance you really do think twice.... 'do I really need to go to the doctor? I'll give it one more day, I bet I'll feel better tomorrow.' Well needless to say I had been telling myself that line since Thursday morning.  And I wasn't getting better.

Mind you I did go to work this morning... to try it.  I thought I felt better, and I thought it would be nice to get out of the house but on my drive into work, guess what happens, my head starts pounding and I can't quit coughing.  Soooo I get to work, and stay locked up in my office for 4 hours, trying failing to get what I need to done.  So I came home around noon and slept from about 12:30 - 5pm.  Yes I slept that long.


SO  I get up and decide to go to the damn doctor and pay whatever I had to because this is ridiculous... I slept pretty much all day Thursday, and all afternoon on Friday... I was exhausted.  I walk into Med-Plus @ 5:15 and the room is already packed (they open @ 5).  Great.  So I wait about 45 minutes before Im called back... and the girl that called my name was a bitch.  Perhaps my judgement was off because I wasn't feeling well, but trust me she was bitchy... anyway... so the doc comes in checks my out and guess what...

I have a MAJOR sinus infection.  Perfect.  Just what I need.  Because I really have time for this.  Most of my week has already been flushed down the drain due to all my sleeping.  The first words out of my mouth to the doctor were 'so can you write that I can't go to work tomorrow...?? '  
And so the Dr. wrote me a Prescription for some antibiotics, and for the day off from work.

Next Stop... CVS to fill this damn prescription which the Dr. said was inexpensive... (one could only hope). So I go to drop of the slip of paper with chicken scratch on it and there's 3 kids in the store yelling SCREAMING.  My head is pounding. This just tops my Friday night.  This lady with 3 screaming kids needs to leave, I am not in the mood for this. And by the looks of several other shoppers faces, neither were they.

 I know, I know isn't that horrible of me to say?  Please dont judge me for those of you with young children who may or may not be that person with screaming kids... all I wanted was to get this medicine and go  home.  Thank god I was in and out in 15 minutes, While the lady w/ 3 screaming kids was still strolling through the store.

Totals for a Friday night:
Med-Plus - $78.00
Strep Test - $20.00
Antibiotic - $ 14.00
Excused Saturday off from work - Priceless

I will be spending my weekend home doing as the doctor ordered:  Plenty of rest and lots of fluids.
~Not to mention my weekend will be spent catching on all the papers, readings, and research I need to get done for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment