Thursday, March 5, 2009

Updates Galore!

Honestly there hasn't been much going on this week. The week has gone by fast, but other than that, its been a pretty low key week meaning I haven't had much to blog about.
Here's a few updates.
* My new nanny job is going really well. Im really liking it. The baby is great, she is so darn cute! The mom and dad have been really great as well. They work around my school schedule and hired a second person to come and relieve me on Monday's so I can leave for class. However they did tell me that hands down, they want me there the most. Sounds good to me... I have to say I enjoy depositing a check every week into my savings.
* School is going well. This semester really has not been too bad. (Knock on wood!) I didn't have any midterms, and I will only have 2 finals at the end of April. :) I do however have a good number of papers to write. In fact I started one yesterday. I really want to stay on top of things and I love getting things done early. It really lightens my load if I can get things finished or
semi - finished ahead of time. I am not the type of person that likes waiting until the night before the paper/project is due. Way too much stress. Along with papers, I have a TON of reading...but I will take reading and papers over exams, tests and quizzes any day.
* Things with my Aunt D are going well. I am happy to be working because it gets me out of the house more. I am really only here to study and sleep. That's about it. I am thankful for a free place to live.
* Eventually I will be getting a new computer. I think I am going to go with a desktop instead of a laptop. I really don't take my laptop that I have now to school, so a desktop will probably be better and maybe even last longer. Im going to start looking once I have a little more money saved. Anyone have any recommendations?
* Still loving my Vera Bradley purse Rocky ( Bobby's dad ) gave me for Christmas... I get so many compliments on it. I also get tons of compliments on the matching wallet Les gave me.
* Tonight I am spending time with Bobby and Wayne State. He is going to stay at school this weekend, while I go back home. Lately we have enjoyed our Thursday night's together since our schedules haven't been the same - Im home when he's not, and he's home when Im not. - We have dinner together and watch old episodes of The Office, which makes for a fun evening.
That's all the updates I can think of for now.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear that your nanny job is going well.

    sorry we are going to miss you this weekend, but i am sure reyna will have a blast making cookies.

    enjoy bobby this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear your job is going great! nothig is better than gettin that $$! we shall be spending some of it sooner than later RIGHT? :)

    I'm probably going to have to get a new computer in the near future too. Brian is a computer 'know it all' or so he thinks he is and he tells me 'Nic, don't get another laptop, get a desktop. They are cheaper and last longer.' But thats just his opinion.

    I like the handyness of my laptop but sometimes it annoys me. If i were to sugguest a brand, i would say Sony. Sony for everything. I love my sony vaio (even though its dieing) ive had it since fall of 05 and its still truckin along. I love my sony camera and will NEVER get anything else. :)

    Maybe i should advertise for sony?? :)

    ReplyDelete