Florida was great, although the weather could have been a little bit warmer, the highs were only in the mid 50's sometimes low 60's, but the sun did shine everyday and we were able to do a lot of fun things.
- Shopping at the Prime Outlets
- Bobby and I went to Animal Kingdom for the day, and because it was cool, ALL the animals were out and about. =)
- Downtown Disney for some more shopping.
- We took a tour of the town Celebration, which was really neat to see.
- Went and saw a movie, "The Tourist" ... mainly because it was so chilly.
- Had lots of great food, and a few drinks here and there ;)
- We all played games.
- We were able to go to the beach and visit with a family friend. Although we didn't get to sit down at the beach and soak up some sun (again due to the cool weather), it was still nice to go, and watch the waves, even if it was just for a minute.
- And best of all we got to visit with Bobby's family and spend a lot of time with them.
Of course like any vacation the week went by really quick and before we all new it, we were packing and heading to the airport to return to a very cold and snowy Michigan. Luckily while we were away we missed out on the big first snow fall. Our saying in Florida was, " Well its warmer here than it is in Michigan!"
I will say that it was wonderful not to worry about a damn thing including school, my hospice internship and work. I almost felt like I was forgetting something, or that I needed to get online and check the school portal for assignments, and discussions like I usually would do.
And now that I'm back in Michigan I still am finding myself feeling like I missing something or that I'm forgetting something really important for school. But the best part is.... that I'm not. I am off from school and internship responsibilities until January 10th, and I will be honest, I am LOVING it. My time is my own, and I can do whatever I please without feeling guiltily like I should be home, on the computer writing a paper. I can read an actual book, watch tv, see friends that I haven't seen in a while, relax and sleep in. It has been great, and I plan on enjoying every minute of my time off.

Vacations are the best but it sucks to come home from them! Glad you had fun and glad you are taking your time off to relax and do anything and everything you want :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good vacation. Glad I was there for the ride. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLov, Granna