Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Welcome to 2011!!
Usually Im not a very big New Year's Eve type of person, mainly because lets face it, Im not a real night owl anyway... 10 o'clock rolls around and I'm ready for bed. Sad, but very true. For New Year's I don't mind going out to a nice dinner with family, and hanging out with friends at home,  enjoying a couple drinks and just hanging out.  This year Bobby and I rang in the new year a little differently.  Although I don't have pictures, the night was memorable and a lot of fun.

We had dinner with my parents, and bobby's family then made our way to Lansing, where our friend Brian lives.  Once there with a group of friends we decided to take a cab downtown to hit some bars.  We ended up at the Michigan Brewing Company and actually stayed there the entire evening.  It was a great time, there was a live band playing some rather loud music, good beer and great company.  It was fun to go out but the night was still somewhat low key.  We didn't get back to Brains until well after 2:30am, and our heads hit the pillow somewhere around 3:30.  What a long day/night.  We slept in and had a wonderful breakfast then headed back home.

Tonight topped off ringing in the New Year with a great dinner my mom made... we had peel and eat shrimp, lobster tails, slow cooked pork, potatoes, sauerkraut, and to top off the meal Godiva cheesecake.  YUM!

As for the rest of my evening I plan on laying low and relaxing after my late night celebration for 2011!
I'm really looking forward to the things to come in 2011:  finishing graduate school, finding a job to begin my "career", finding my own place, and so much more. Here's to 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful evening, good memories. This is going to be a big year for you so take it all in!!! Love ya and wish you and Bob a wonderful year.
    Love, Granna

    ReplyDelete