Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A much needed update

It's been a while since my last post, so I thought I would try to catch up on what's been going on. Not like its all that exciting or all that different, but for the sake of a much needed update I will give in and go for it.


  •  I had my first MSU class in Flint.  The class covered Grief & Loss which will be very helpful for my next internship that I will start in July. It was a 2 day class, and I got a lot out of it. But I still need to write a reflection paper about what I learned... that's due on Saturday (yikes!)
  • I attended a beautiful wedding reception almost 2 weeks ago. It was for someone very special to me, my godmother, Julie (Pictures to hopefully come later this week).
  • I had an 'interview' for a new nanny job... it is looking promising! :) ...
  •  I have 5 more days with Olivia, it is going to be hard to leave that little girl. So hard that I am almost dreading it. 
  • Car Repairs Galore! My little 2002 Sunfire has been in need of some attention... first my diver's side mirror got broken ( again that's another post in itself), my driver's side window wasn't working anymore, and it is in need of a transmission flush. My sweet mother has gotten my car all fixed up and ready to travel to Iowa. 
  • On that note, my mom will be going to Iowa to see my sister and will be bringing  my 4 nieces to michigan for about 10 days. I only wish I was going to be able to see them more... I will only see them about 4 days while they are here. 
  • I am in the process of moving. Holy Cow did I collect a ton of 'stuff'' while staying with my aunt. I cannot believe all the stuff I have in my little room/bathroom. I took a car load last weekend, and I plan on taking some more things back this upcoming weekend as well.
  • Speaking of packing... I will only be living with my dear old aunt for another week and a half! I have been here for 2 years... it sure doesn't feel like it now that Im looking back at everything.  When I first moved here it felt as if I would be living her FOREVER... and now Im packing and getting ready to move out.
  • Today was my last day at my BSW internship at the hospital. It was a bittersweet day. More details/pictures to come later.
  • I'm at the home stretch for my classes... I have 2 more days of 'class time' which all of my BIG projects/papers/presentations/portfolio's are due. Then next week all I have is a final. Then I am free... well free for about a week anyway!! 
Alright, enough for now. Check back this week for pictures! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! Looking forward to pictures soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. packing up one chapter to start another! so happy for you em!!! and SO SO SO glad you'll be around!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Sweet Home! Bet your mom and dad are glad. Sorry to hear that you are still having body damage with the car. I think your car is 'cursed'......gramps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update of your blog. Time goes so fast Love, Granna

    ReplyDelete